Lions Clubs are part of community life, in the cities and in the country. Clubs are easily identified by their distinctive Logo, the trademark of our International Association, and the 'We Serve'; motto.
Lions Australia is part of an international association, filled with people who are joined by the common desire to make their communities better, by using their creativity, enthusiasm and energy.
Membership is open to all people of the community in good standing.
Emu Bay Lions club meets on the first and third Tuesday of each month at Burnie Greens, Cooee, 6pm for 6.30pm. Members meet for a meal, socialising and frequently listen to interesting guest speakers.
Although membership is by invitation, members of the public are invited to express their interest by contacting the club, coming along to a couple of meetings then completing an application for membership.
Membership of a Lions club has many advantages:
- Meeting new people
- Opportunity to develop skills by joining committees and organising and participating in events
- Personal development, ie gaining confidence in speaking in front of a group
- Attending club social activities
- Satisfaction gained by helping others
Currently, the club’s major fund raising events are:
- The annual giant second hand book fair which is held in October each year as part of the Burnie Shines programme
- Regular barbecues at Bunnings
- The World Festival of Magic
The club is always on the lookout for worthy projects to support the community.
To contact the club:
Postal address: PO Box 478, Burnie, Tas 7320
Phone: (03) 6431 8110, (03) 6431 5391 or 0438 315 391.
If no reply, leave your name, address and contact details and a club member will contact you.
The club is currently sponsoring three University of Tasmania bursarys and has committed to sponsoring a bursary each year.